Shop gutted by fire, malfunctioning wood stove to blamePosted on 10 November 2017 at 12:45pm
BOONE COUNTY - A fire destroyed a shop on a property north of Columbia on Friday morning.
The fire started shortly after 8 a.m. in the 7500 block of Highway VV. Firefighters with the Boone County Fire Protection District arrived to find the shop on fire, and after putting out the flames, said the shop is a total loss.
No one was hurt, and total damages were estimated at around $75,000. Battalion Chief Gale Blomenkamp told KOMU 8 News the fire was caused by a malfunctioning wood stove.
Most Popular Recent Stories
Prosecutor files more charges in Howard County suicide case Posted on 20 November 2017 at 2:06pm
Future uncertain for family facing its second battle with cancer Posted on 20 November 2017 at 4:03pm
Missouri patrol finds about $491,000 in likely drug money Posted on 20 November 2017 at 8:47am
Columbia Regional Airport announces another flight to Dallas Posted on 20 November 2017 at 1:51pm
Police: Would-be car thief crashes, breaks into two homes, assaults resident Posted on 20 November 2017 at 4:23pm