Parts of Centralia under boil water advisoryPosted on 11 July 2018 at 11:54am
CENTRALIA -- The city has issued a water boil advisory for city water customers in certain parts of Centralia. The advisory is not city-wide and does not affect any other water systems.
The affected areas are:
- North Rollins Street from Highway 22 to Wigham Street
- All of Wigham Street
- The 700 block of North Allen to Green Gables
- All of Green Gables
- Fairgrounds from Hickman to Highway 151
Crews will be replacing a water valve on North Rollins Street on July 12. The new material is to be disinfected and flushed for the next two days, with the advisory scheduled to last until 11:00 a.m. on July 14.
The city advised on Facebook for anyone in the affected areas, especially those with small children or compromised immune systems, to follow these precautions:
- Boil water for three minutes before cooking, drinking or brushing teeth.
- Disinfect dishes by submerging them for at least one minute in clean tap water that has one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Throw out ice cubes made after 9:30 a.m. on July 12 and remake with boiled water.
- Generally, it is not necessary to boil water that is used for hand washing or bathing.
- Supervise children while bathing so that they don't drink the water.
- People with cuts or severe rashes may want to talk to their doctors.
- Let water cool before drinking.
Most Popular Recent Stories
Largest Chinese Moon Festival in Columbia Posted on 22 September 2018 at 9:02am
2 killed when small plane crashes near Missouri airport Posted on 22 September 2018 at 9:20am
Five arrested near Auxvasse for narcotics, 70 firearms found Posted on 22 September 2018 at 5:16pm
Fulton police search for suspect in McDonald's shots fired call Posted on 22 September 2018 at 6:49pm
Kavanaugh's accuser accepts request to speak to Judiciary Committee next week, lawyers say Posted on 22 September 2018 at 6:16pm