Parts of Centralia under boil water advisoryPosted on 11 July 2018 at 11:54am
CENTRALIA -- The city has issued a water boil advisory for city water customers in certain parts of Centralia. The advisory is not city-wide and does not affect any other water systems.
The affected areas are:
- North Rollins Street from Highway 22 to Wigham Street
- All of Wigham Street
- The 700 block of North Allen to Green Gables
- All of Green Gables
- Fairgrounds from Hickman to Highway 151
Crews will be replacing a water valve on North Rollins Street on July 12. The new material is to be disinfected and flushed for the next two days, with the advisory scheduled to last until 11:00 a.m. on July 14.
The city advised on Facebook for anyone in the affected areas, especially those with small children or compromised immune systems, to follow these precautions:
- Boil water for three minutes before cooking, drinking or brushing teeth.
- Disinfect dishes by submerging them for at least one minute in clean tap water that has one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Throw out ice cubes made after 9:30 a.m. on July 12 and remake with boiled water.
- Generally, it is not necessary to boil water that is used for hand washing or bathing.
- Supervise children while bathing so that they don't drink the water.
- People with cuts or severe rashes may want to talk to their doctors.
- Let water cool before drinking.
Most Popular Recent Stories
UPDATE: Suspect in homicide, officers' shooting identified Posted on 16 July 2018 at 4:30pm
House passes bill to rename Columbia post office in memory of fallen soldier Posted on 16 July 2018 at 7:51pm
Ongoing split between East Campus groups could be resolved Monday Posted on 16 July 2018 at 3:10pm
Sens. Blunt, McCaskill back finding of Russian interference Posted on 16 July 2018 at 6:10pm
Ex-Royals player auctions baseball memorabilia for $80K Posted on 16 July 2018 at 2:51pm