2 dead of carbon monoxide poisoning
JEFFERSON CITY - Two parents are dead and one child in stable condition after a carbon monoxide poisoning incident that happened early Saturday in Jefferson City.
According to the Jefferson City Police Department, 51-year-old Troy Feltrop was found dead on the scene by first responders. Two females, 44-year-old Lisa Feltrop and a 14-year-old girl were found as well and were deemed in critical condition. Lisa Feltrop passed away Monday afternoon.
The 14-year-old girl has been moved to stable condition with police saying "she has made tremendous improvements over the last 48 hours and is expected to continue to improve."
According to police, an investigation determined that a vehicle had been left running overnight in the garage. This caused the house to fill with carbon monoxide to a high level.
Police believe it was an accident.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: