An overnight fire leaves damage but no injuries
COLUMBIA - Firefighters responded to a house fire at Ridgecrest Drive early Wednesday morning.
Eight Columbia Fire Department units aggressively put the kitchen fire out in five minutes.
One person and two dogs were inside during the fire but escaped unharmed.
Fire Investigator, Battalion Chief Tim Bach said the fire started from cooking left unattended on the stove.
Damages are estimated at $60,000.
The Columbia Fire Department reminds residents to test smoke alarms every month and replace the batteries once a year.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: