Bitten man takes snake to hospital with him
SULLIVAN (AP) - An eastern Missouri man is OK after being bitten by a copperhead snake, then taking the snake to the hospital to show what bit him.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the man tried to pick up the snake Saturday in Sullivan. The small snake bit him, but the man was able to capture the snake and put it in a box.
The man sought treatment at Missouri Baptist Hospital in Sullivan. A nurse there didn't want to open the box and called the Missouri Department of Conservation. An agent arrived and confirmed it was a copperhead, which is a venomous snake, though bites are rarely fatal.
The man was treated at the hospital and released. The snake was released back into the wild.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: