Boil advisory in effect for Boone County after leak in water main
BOONE COUNTY - Boone County officials issued a boil order for some Boone County residents and businesses after a water main leak on Route N near Bluebird Lane.
The county issued the boil order at 4 p.m. Friday.
The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday requires the water boil advisory extend until Tuesday at 5 p.m.
Bob Leonard of the Consolidated Public Water Supply District said he wasn't sure of the exact number of people impacted but estimated the boil water advisory impacts a couple hundred households.
The water services are affected in the following areas:
- Pierpont and Sapp Area
- Route N from Fox Lane to Woodie Proctor Road
- Bluebird Lane
- Tomlin Hill Road
- Barry Road
- High Point Lane east of Hill Creek
- Fox Lane
The Water District offered these tips for those under a boil order:
- Boil water for three minutes prior to using it for cooking or drinking.
- Do not consume ice from an automatic ice maker. Remake ice with water that has been boiled for three minutes.
- Wash dishes and food contact surfaces by immersing for one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented bleach per gallon of water.
- Let water cool before drinking.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: