Boone County Drug Take Back Collects 492 Pounds of Medications
BOONE COUNTY - The Prescription Drug Take Back event around Boone County on April 25 and 26 collected over 492 pounds of unwanted and no longer needed medications.
Eight different collections sites assisted in DEA's National Drug Take Back event.
- VA Hospital - Columbia - 70.0 lbs
- University Of Missouri Student Center - 22.0 lbs
- Hickman High School - 157.0 lbs
- Rock Bridge High School - 90.0 lbs
- Southern Boone High School - Ashland - 72.0 lbs
- Centralia Police Department - 53.0 lbs
- Sturgeon High School - 8.0 lbs
- Hallsville Primary School - 20.0 lbs
All medications were turned over to the DEA on April 28 for proper disposal.