Boone County lifts boil order
BOONE COUNTY - Boone County officials have lifted a boil order for some residents and businesses.
The county issued the boil order Friday after a water main leak on Route N near Bluebird Lane.
The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday required the water boil advisory to be extended until Tuesday.
Bob Leonard of the Consolidated Public Water Supply District said he wasn't sure of the exact number of people impacted but estimated it at a couple hundred households.
The water services affected were in the following areas:
- Pierpont and Sapp Area
- Route N from Fox Lane to Woodie Proctor Road
- Bluebird Lane
- Tomlin Hill Road
- Barry Road
- High Point Lane east of Hill Creek
- Fox Lane
The Water District offered these tips for those under a boil order:
- Boil water for three minutes prior to using it for cooking or drinking.
- Do not consume ice from an automatic ice maker. Remake ice with water that has been boiled for three minutes.
- Wash dishes and food contact surfaces by immersing for one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented bleach per gallon of water.
- Let water cool before drinking.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: