Boonville Fire Scorches Former Bar
The bar, Kluck's Hallway, is near Main and Spring downtown. A neighbor smelled smoke about 2:30 p.m. and called 911.
"My mom stepped around the corner and said that she had smelled the smoke coming out. And when we came back around, out the back of the building, there was flames coming through the roof and you could tell there was a lot of smoke in the building," said Jake Kopine.
The bar has been closed for three months. Firefighters said the blaze was out in 10 minutes, although they stayed at the scene for two and a half hours.
"Pulled a vent off the roof and had a lot of smoke coming out, and we made entry into the building and found fire on the ground floor and on the second floor," said Boonville Fire Chief Tim Carmichael.
Firefighters blamed an air conditioner for sparking the blaze. Owner Jim Kluck said he won't reopen the bar anytime soon.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: