Central Missouri Humane Society Warns to Protect Pets from Fireworks
COLUMBIA - The Central Missouri Humane Society is warning residents that fireworks and pets do not mix.
They say if you're attending events that include fireworks it's best to leave pets at home.
The shelter says dogs have sensitive ears and explosions can do damage to their hearing and traumatize them.
In the past they have taken in dogs that had run away due to firework displays.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: