Columbia Fire Damages Kitchen
COLUMBIA - Columbia Firefighters responded to a fire just before 3 a.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of Hinkson Avenue.
Columbia Joint-Communications says someone called 9-1-1 saying they could see flames through a window. The fire happened in a downstairs apartment of a 12 unit, three story building. Crews determined that an accidental stove top burner was left on which caused the fire.
Once crews got to the scene, they quickly extinguished the fire. Damage was estimated though at about $5,000.