Columbia Parks and Recreation celebrates breakfast station day
COLUMBIA - There are six locations around the city of Columbia where people are encouraged to bike, walk or wheel to get their morning breakfast today.
From 7 a.m. until 9 a.m., different breakfasts are provided for Columbia residents as a part of Columbia Parks and Recreation "Bike, walk and wheel week."
"It's an opportunity for us to thank cyclists and pedestrians for using healthy active transportation to get to work," said GetAbout Columbia Planner Janet Godon.
The following six locations will provide free breakfast to participants:
- Activity & Recreation Center (ARC), 1701 W. Ash St., hosted by the ARC and Hy-Vee
- Columbia City Hall, 701 E. Broadway, hosted by Smoothie King and PTAC
- Flat Branch Park, 101 S. Fourth St., hosted by Walt's Bike Shop, The PedNet Coalition and the Mayor's Council on Physical Fitness and Health
- Forum Nature Area/MKT Trailhead, 2701 Forum Blvd., hosted by Clovers Natural Market and Tryathletics
- Garth Nature Area/Bear Creek Trailhead, 2799 N. Garth Ave, hosted by Columbia Kiwanis Club
- Williams and Walnut, 104. N. Williams St., hosted by WELLWARE
Godon said she think's it's important for people to think creatively about how they get around the Columbia community, whether that's by biking, walking or using COMO Connect.
"I think people really just need to understand that it's a healthy way to get to places that you need to go. It not only improves your health, but it improves the health of the community," she said.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: