Columbia Police to Monitor Neighborhoods During Spring Break
COLUMBIA - The Columbia Police Department will be using various methods of monitoring next week as many students leave town for spring break. The monitoring methods will include patrols by marked and unmarked police vehicles, as well patrols by uniformed and plainclothed personnel officers.
Latisha Stroer, the department's Public Information Officer, released the following tips for residents leaving for an extended period:
• Leave ample exterior/interior lights on, or use timers
• Arrange for pickup of mail, newspapers, and packages
• Ensure all doors and windows are secure
• Disable automatic garage doors
• Take expensive items with you (laptops, cameras)
• Give the residence the appearance that someone is home.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: