Dishwasher Starts Fire in North Columbia Home
COLUMBIA - A dishwasher caught fire in a North Columbia home Thursday around 6 p.m.
The Columbia Fire Department was dispatched to the fire in the 1300 block of Godas Drive at 6:22 p.m. The crew arrived five minutes later and found the dishwasher still smoking, even though a resident of the house had diminished the fire with a fire extenguisher from a neighbor's home.
Officials say an electrical malfunction started the fire in the controls of the dishwasher. Damage is estimated to be $1,500. No one was injured in the incident.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: