Early morning fire at Shakespeare's Pizza on Peachtree Drive
COLUMBIA - A towel dryer was found to be the source of a fire at the Shakespeare's Pizza on Peachtree Drive Saturday morning, according to the Columbia Fire Department.
Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at 4:48 a.m. and had to force their way in to the shop.
They arrived at the scene at 4:54 a.m. and were able to see smoke in the front of the store.
Firefighters were able to get the fire out in around 15 minutes.
The dryer suffered fire damage and the building has smoke damage.
There were no injuries and the cost of damage is still unknown.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: