Electricity Turned Off In MU Dorm
The power went out and fire alarms went off in the two buildings around 8:30 last night.
A faulty transformer caused an electrical fire. Nobody was hurt and Gillett and Hudson residence halls were evacuated.
Maintenance crews shut off power again this afternoon for more than three hours to add protective fuses.
Students say it's all a big hassle.
"I have a test today at two o'clock. And I can't really study that much because they said you're not supposed to plug anything in before 12 o'clock because it could cause a power surge," MU student David Francis said.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: