Fire Destroys Shed In Columbia
UPDATE:The neighboring home, number 67, also sustained minor damages. The fire was brought under control in approximately 7 minutes.
The home is owned by Marie Crews of Columbia who was inside the trailer at the time of the fire, according to a Columbia Fire Department press release. A passerby noticed smoke coming from the shed and alerted those in the residence. At the time of the fire, there were three people in the home,one of them asleep. According to a Columbia Fire Department estimate, the fire is expected to have done about $10,000 in damage.
COLUMBIA -A fire destroyed a shed and caused minor damages to a trailer home in the Colonial Village trailer park in Columbia Monday. No one was injured in the fire.
The incident happened at 2904 Rangeline Street, Lot 69 in Columbia.
Columbia fire officials said the extreme heat had nothing to do with the fire. Officials were called around 3 p.m. to respond. Upon arrival, the shed was fully engulfed.
Colonial Village is a residential trailer park area.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: