Fire Engulfs Boone County Home
Officials suspect the fire started in a chimney flue and then spread to the back of the house.
J.D. Allen was the only one home when the fire started, and he escaped safely.
"The damage is pretty intense and that's sad. But, we contained it to the upper portion of the structure. But, there's a lot of fall-down damage and water damage in the main level. But, it could have been a lot worse," said Boone County Fire Chief Steve Paulsell.
The fire started around 6:30 p.m.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: