Fire leaves one trailer in ruin
CENTRALIA - Boone County Fire Department responded to a living room fire on North Adams Road at 6:45 this morning.
Crews arrived at the home around 7 a.m., and put the fire out in about ten minutes.
Battalion Chief Chuck Leake said the woman woke up to the smell of smoke and evacuated her home without injury.
Leake said this occurrence is a lesson on why smoke alarms are important.
"We are very fortunate in this case that even though there was a lack of smoke detectors in the home, the lady smelled the smoke," Leake said.
There were no injuries in the fire, but Leake said the home isn't salvageable.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: