Fire Leaves Resident Homeless on Easter Sunday
COLUMBIA - Columbia Fire Fighters responded early Sunday morning to 1013 Crump Lane to a reported residential structure fire.
Fire crews arrived on the scene and found smoke showing from the home. Shortly after that the Division Chief arrived on the scene and reported flames showing from a window on the front of the house. The fire was knocked down in approximately 15 minutes and the only injuries that were reported was the loss of a pet cat. Both residents, one dog, and 1 cat were out of the structure upon the arrival of the Fire Department.
The owner of the home, Steven Bowne, and his roommate were awakened by smoke detectors and found smoke in the structure. After investigating and a failed attempt to extinguish the fire they exited the structure and called 911. At the time of this release Assistant Fire Marshal Stephen Potter reported that the fire was still under investigation. He did however issue a preliminary damage estimate of $ 50,000.00.