Posted: May 14, 2012 11:06 AM by KOMU Staff
Updated: May 14, 2012 11:06 AM
COLUMBIA - Fire investigators say the dog from the burning house at The Links off of Clark Lane may have started the fire.
Four fire trucks responded to the call just after 6 p.m. on Sunday after a neighbor noticed smoke and flames coming from a window.
Officials say the fire began in the kitchen on or near the stove, even though the residents said they hadn't cooked for over a day.
Investigators said one theory was the dog climbed up on the stove, accidentally bumping one of the burners in the process.
They estimate the blaze caused $40,000 in damages.