Posted: Jul 25, 2012 3:54 PM by Cody Lee Heyveld
Updated: Aug 10, 2012 1:48 PM
FULTON — The Fulton Fire Department responded to a commercial structure fire Wednesday at Biggs Unit Fulton State Hospital in Fulton.
Upon arrival, officials saw light smoke from the structure. Occupants reported the progressive fire inside due to sprinkler activation.
Units located a small fire in the camera room and extinguished it quickly, according to a press release from the Fulton Fire Department. Fire personnel assisted with removing water from the structure that came from the unit's sprinkler system. The
The fire was ruled accidental after a complete investigation by Missouri State Fire Marshals and Fulton Fire Department Investigators. The release stated that the only thing that could not be ruled out as the cause was a container of lithium batteries making contact and causing ignition.
The fire caused an estimated $3,000 to $5,000 worth of damage to the structure and contents.
The Fulton Fire Department stated that no one was injured during the incident.