Fire reported at Hallsville auto salvage shop
HALLSVILLE - Emergency vehicles responded to a report of multiple cars on fire Wednesday at Chuck's Auto Salvage. Workers at the shop said they did not want to talk about the cause of the fire but said the situation was safe.
Clint Walker of the Boone County Fire District said fire was accidental. He said a repairman was taking parts out of a car with a fire torch, and a car caught fire.
When KOMU 8 News arrived at the scene, emergency vehicles were just leaving. There was no smoke or charred vehicles visible. The fire took place in the far back lot of the shop, out of sight from the street.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: