Firefighters Rescue Homeowner During a North Columbia Structure Fire
COLUMBIA - Columbia fire and emergency officials responded to a call of a residential structure fire on Parklawn Court Friday evening, resulting in a rescue of a male resident.
Emergency officials responded to the call at about 9:07 P.M. Friday evening. Upon their arrival, officials found one resident outside of the house, and were informed that a second resident was down inside the structure. As crews entered the house, they found the structure full of smoke, fire in a bedroom, and a male victim in a second adjacent bedroom. Crews rescued the man and he was later transported to University Hospital with life threatening injuries. The second resident, a female, was transported to University Hospital by Columbia police officials.
The fire was under control in less than five minutes and then large fans were used to clear the smoke and heat from the structure.
Assistant Fire Marshal Brian Davison investigated the fire and determined the area of origin of the fire was located in the bedroom where the fire was contained. He also stated that the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction. AFM Davison issued a preliminary damage estimate of $ 60,000.00 for the damages caused by the fire. Crews reported that smoke detectors were sounding upon their arrival and there were no other reported injuries as a result of this fire.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: