Fourth of July Celebrations
COLUMBIA - With flood waters and the chance of storms impacting some 4th of July plans, KOMU 8 decided to compile a list of a few events and changes to help you plan your holiday.
- Fire in the Sky: Gates open at 6:30 p.m. at Memorial Stadium in Columbia. Organizers plan to launch fireworks shortly after 9 p.m. July 5th is the rain date.
- Glasgow celebration: Moved to Glasgow High School track because of flooding at Stump Island park.
- Salute to America: Celebration runs between 11 a.m.-11 p.m. You can watch the celebration from the north lawn of the Capitol. Event organizers will post up-to-date information on rain cancellations on their Facebook page.
- Mexico celebration: Starts approximately at 9 p.m. at Optimist Park.
- Hermann celebration: Activities start at 7 a.m., with fireworks at 9 p.m at the river front.