Hand tools cause fire at Gates Rubber Company
COLUMBIA - The Columbia Fire Department responded to a fire at the Gates Rubber Company around 10:30 Saturday morning.
The fire at 3015 Lemone Industrial Blvd. was extinguished by the building's sprinkler system before responders arrived.
Assistant Fire Marshal Joel Pauley said in a news release that friction from hand tools caused the brief fire.
Damages are estimated at $2,000. There were no injuries reported.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: