House Fire Caused by Electrical Shortage

Posted: Dec 10, 2013 8:23 AM by Jenna Middaugh, KOMU 8 Digital Producer
Updated: Dec 10, 2013 10:20 AM

Rating: 0.0 (0 votes)

BOONE COUNTY - A house fire early Tuesday morning was caused by a shortage in an electrical outlet.

Southern Boone County Fire Protection District responded to a home on Route M west of Ashland around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning. Officials say the fire was started in the living room due to a shortage in the outlet where the family had their Christmas tree plugged in. The family of three all made it out safely.

Officials told KOMU-TV that the fire was contained within 10 minutes of crews responding to the scene.

The home was a total loss with damages estimated around $15,000.

KOMU First Alert Weather

Most Popular Right Now

Select a station to view its upcoming show schedule: KOMU 8 CW Mid-Missouri's CW

Coming Up Next

9:00 amRuff-Ruff, Tweet & Dave
9:30 amAstroblast!
10:00 amClangers

Tonight's Schedule

6:16 pmNASCAR Sprint Cup

Coming Up Next

9:00 amDog Whisperer with Cesar Millan: Family Edition
9:30 amDog Whisperer with Cesar Millan: Family Edition
10:00 amDog Whisperer with Cesar Millan: Family Edition

Tonight's Schedule

7:00 pmFamily Guy
7:30 pmFamily Guy
8:00 pmBob's Burgers
8:30 pmBob's Burgers
9:00 pmKOMU 8 News @ Nine on The CW
9:30 pmSeinfeld