House Fire in Jefferson City, Family Cat Lost
JEFFERSON CITY - No residents were injured, but a family cat died in a house fire late Tuesday morning. The fire department says the fire started in the kitchen at a stove left unattended. One female resident said she forgot she was cooking and stepped away. She fell asleep and quickly awoke to her house engulfed in flames.
The resident's son says this is the second time in 20 years that the house has caught fire.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: