Jefferson City Businesses Close Due to Fire Code Violations
JEFFERSON CITY - A Jefferson City fire inspection crew shut down three businesses Friday because of fire code violations.
A nightclub and a martial arts center, both on Industrial Drive, are two of the closed businesses.
The Jefferson City News Tribune reported city officials found multiple violations, including sewage gas leaks, lack of proper fire exits, and exposed wiring.
An inspection crew found the issues after a tenant living in the same building filed a complaint.
America's Best Value Inn, located on Jefferson Street, was also shut down.
Inspectors were conducting a routine inspection when they found issues including improperly stored combustible materials, compromise of fire walls, and a non-functioning fire alarm system.
Bill Patel, property owner of the motel, told KOMU 8 News he is currently working to fix the issues.
He expects the motel to reopen in a few days.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: