KOMU.com Extra: Frequently Asked Questions
What is an ambulatory surgical center?
- Any place that performs childbirths or surgical procedures
- Patients are not kept for more than
- 23 hours for surgeries
- 48 hours for natural births
- 96 hours for cesareans
Who does this bill affect?
Establishments that perform:
- Second and third trimester abortions
- More than five first trimester abortions a month
How many abortions does Columbia's Planned Parenthood perform?
Roughly 15 a week, over the course of a month about half of the abortions performed are surgical.
Looking for more information?
Check out these links:
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: