Lake Economy Down
Monday, visitors had one last chance to get out on the water as many businesses wrapped up the season. Some local businesses say they fell short of expectations this summer. They believe higher gas prices and some bad weather kept a lot of people from coming out to the lake.
The Missouri Department of Public Safety scheduled safety education classes for those planning on taking boats out on to the lake. In mid-Missouri, you can go to the following places to take the course.
- COLUMBIA- Bass Pro Shop 3100 Vandiver Drive
- 01/12/2008 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 02/16/2008 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 03/25/2008 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- JEFFERSON CITY- Missouri State Water Patrol 2728B Plaza Drive
- 10/13/2007 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- OWENSVILLE- Peaceful Valley Lake Lodge 3408 Peaceful Valley
- 09/08/2007 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.