Malfunctioning motor triggers Lincoln University fire
JEFFERSON CITY — A dormitory at Lincoln University caught fire after an air conditioning motor malfunctioned on Friday.
The Jefferson City Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at Dawson Hall, where Lincoln University Public Safety had previously located smoke in the building.
Everyone was evacuated, and students were able to return to their rooms after the smoke was removed.
The Fire Department investigated, finding the malfunctioning motor.
No injuries or damages were reported.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: