Missouri State Highway Patrol recruits complete training
JEFFERSON CITY - The Missouri State Highway Patrol welcomed 32 new troopers Friday.
The Highway Patrol's 100th Recruit class graduated from the 25-week training program where students learned to be troopers.
Captain John Hotz said the recruits went through 1,200 hours of training during the program.
"Anything from normal stuff that we do as far as traffic law, criminal law, crash investigation, those types of things," Hotz said. "As well as hands on activities - shooting, defensive tactics, driving. Obviously when they leave here, we want them to be as prepared as they can for just about anything they may face."
The program began on January 5 and 45 recruits enrolled initially.
Hotz said the program is hard to complete and takes a lot of effort from the recruits.
"It is a very intense environment whether it be the physical fitness part, the academic part, or just the physical and emotional stress that they go through," Hotz said. "It's a very challenging time, so each any every one of us are very proud, now they are moving from the recruit phase into now they are becoming members of the Missouri State Highway Patrol."
All but four of the graduates are from Missouri.
Gov. Jay Nixon also spoke at the ceremony.
The graduation ceremony was moved indoors to the field house at Helias High School due to the forecast of inclement weather.
Listed below are the names and hometowns of the graduates:
• Todd C. Baker, Cassville, Mo.
• Donald L. Bilyeu, St. Peters, Mo.
• Aaron T. Borgic, Taylorville, Ill.
• Donald P. Borgmeyer, Lancaster, Mo.
• Joshua D. Conrad, Columbia, Mo.
• Eric D. Diaz, New York, N.Y.
• Kara R. Dinwiddie, Eldon, Mo.
• Keaton L. Ebersold, King City, Mo.
• Christopher S. Giacolone, St. James, Mo.
• Robert O. Green, Warrensburg, Mo.
• Travis L. Harmon, Yuma, Ariz.
• Kyle R. Henke, Jefferson City, Mo.
• Ryan L. Hutton, Springfield, Mo.
• Alexander H. Jackson, Columbia, Mo.
• Joshua M. Kenyon, Pomona, Mo.
• Joseph A. Kuczka, Dittmer, Mo.
• Matthew J. Lamoureux, Warrensburg, Mo.
• Coltin H. McGowan, Holts Summit, Mo.
• Christian J. Mendez, Chino, Calif.
• Levi B. Michener, Gallatin, Mo.
• Mike J. Miller, King City, Mo.
• Bradley R. Muck, Macon, Mo.
• Benjamin A. Owens, Warrensburg, Mo.
• Chase A. Pulley, St. Peters, Mo.
• Blake C. Rowden, Meta, Mo.
• Marcus L. Schlief, Doniphan, Mo.
• Christina A. Sumner, Marshfield, Mo.
• Dillon F. Wales, Webb City, Mo.
• Derek L. Walker, St. Louis, Mo.
• David W. Welker, Fredericktown, Mo.
• Emily M. Westmoreland, Perryville, Mo.
• Michael A. White, Washington, Mo.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: