Missouri Volleyball Opens Season at Tiger Invitational
COLUMBIA - After the most successful decade in program history the Missouri volleyball team will look to continue its success in 2011 as it plays host the Tiger Invitational this weekend at the Hearnes Center. Joining the Tigers at the annual tournament will be Binghamton, Idaho State, Tulane and the defending Summit League Champion North Dakota State.
Mizzou will be the youngest team in the Big 12 in 2011 with 11 of its 14 players coming in as underclassmen. The much-heralded Tiger freshman class had a great debut at the Black & Gold Scrimmage Friday, highlighted by outside hitter Emily Wilson, who had 16 kills on .342 hitting. Also, freshman middle hitter Whitney Little had 11 kills on .304 hitting while classmate Katie O'Brien pitched in 13 kills. Those three freshmen combined for 40 of the team's 74 kills on the night. Junior Priscilla Armendariz also looked good at the Black & Gold match as she pulled in a match-high 14 digs. She looks primed to replace AVCA All-Central Region libero Caitlyn Vann, who graduated last season.
Here's a complete schedule of the Tiger Invitational:
• 10:30 am - Tulane vs. North Dakota State
• 12:30 pm - Mizzou vs. Binghamton
• 2:30 pm - Idaho State vs. Tulane
• 4:30 pm - North Dakota State vs. Binghamton
• 7 pm - Mizzou vs. Idaho State
• 10:30 am - Idaho State vs. Binghamton
• 12:30 pm - Mizzou vs. Tulane
• 2:30 pm - North Dakota State vs. Idaho State
• 4:30 pm - Binghamton vs. Tulane
• 7 pm - Mizzou vs. North Dakota State