Mo. Boy Dies in Fire at Great-Grandmother's House
WILLOW SPRINGS - Investigators have determined that a fire that killed a 2-year-old south-central Missouri boy began as a kitchen grease fire.
Willow Springs Police Chief says the fire broke out around 7 a.m. Wednesday, shortly after Cooper Bittick was dropped off by his mother at the home of his 82-year-old great-grandmother.
KYTV reports an investigator for the Missouri fire marshal's office determined the cause was a grease fire in the kitchen. The fire spread quickly, and Cooper's body was found in a back room.
No other injuries were reported, but the home was a total loss.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: