MVC Football Picked to Finish Second in HAAC Coaches' Poll
MARSHALL, MO -- The Missouri Valley College Vikings have been picked to finish second in the Heart of America Athletic Conference during the 2012 football season according to the HAAC Preseason Coaches' Poll, which was presented during the annual Media Day event at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri.
Picked to finish atop the conference in 2012 was MidAmerica Nazarene, who received seven of ten first place votes. The Vikings received the remaining three first place votes. Picked to finish third in the conference is Baker University, with Benedictine College and Evangel University rounding out the top five. The remaining five teams in order include, Central Methodist University, Avila University, Peru State University, Culver-Stockton College, and Graceland University.
The Vikings will try to defend their 2011 HAAC championship in the upcoming season. The Vikings finished with a 9-2 record in 2011, and made their fourth NAIA Championship Series appearance in the past six seasons.
The Vikings begin their 2012 season at McPherson University on September 1, and will open up conference play a week later at MidAmerica Nazarene in Olathe, Kansas on September 8. Both games have a 6:00 p.m. kickoff.
2012 Heart of America Athletic Conference Football Coaches' Preseason Poll
- MidAmerica Nazarene (7 first place votes): 96 points
- Missouri Valley College (3 first place votes): 86 points
- Baker University: 80 points
- Benedictine College: 78 points
- Evangel University: 51 points
- Central Methodist University: 44 points
- Avila University: 41 points
- Peru State College: 38 points
- Culver-Stockton College: 19 points
- Graceland University: 17 points