Nixon releases money for several scholarships, programs
JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Jay Nixon released nearly $5.7 million for several scholarships, programs and task forces Wednesday.
The action follows the Department of Economic Development's announcement saying Missouri's non-farm payroll employment grew by 8,100 jobs in September.
"Missouri's continued economic growth allows us to make these priority investments while maintaining a balanced budget," Nixon said. "We will continue to carefully monitor revenue collections and exercise fiscal discipline to ensure that state government lives within its means."
The Governor released $5,675,330. Here's how the money breaks down:
- $2 million for Missouri's A+ Scholarship program
- $1 million for Access Missouri Scholarships
- $1 million to support high-tech startups through the Missouri Technology Corporation
- $500,000 for Missouri's multi-jurisdictional Drug Task Forces
- $451,554 for the Missouri Rx Program
- $723,776 for Public library grants
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: