Open House Reveals Downtown Sidewalk Projects
COLUMBIA - Community members, city officials, and public works employees attended the interest party meeting Tuesday hosted by the City of Columbia Public Works Department.
The meeting brought out different street projects on the horizon for downtown Columbia.
The City started planning for downtown improvements when it won a $210,000 Columbia Development Block Grant of in October.
The director of community improvement said she is very anxious to see the project realized.
"There are some sidewalks that people in wheelchairs or mothers with strollers completely avoid because they are so bad, so this project is definitely necessary," said Gartner.
As of now, construction of these projects is scheduled to begin next year.
The projects include:
1. 6th Street Alley entrance between Broadway and Walnut, on the east side of 6th street
2. The southern crosswalk at 7th and Locust
3. The sidewalk along the east side of 7th Street from Broadway south to the alley
4. The western crosswalk at 6th and Cherry
5. The sidewalk on the north side of Locust Street from 8th street to 9th street
6. The northern crosswalk at 7th and Elm
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: