Parking and Traffic for Roots 'N Blues 'N BBQ
COLUMBIA - As the community welcomes residents and visitors for the Roots N Blues N BBQ Festival Sept. 9-10, the following downtown streets will be closed from 9 a.m. Friday until 4 a.m. on Sunday:
- Fourth, Fifth and Sixth streets between Broadway and Locust Street
- Seventh Street between Cherry and Elm streets
- Eighth Street between Locust and Elm streets
- Cherry Street between Fourth and Seventh streets
- Locust Street between Sixth and Ninth streets
- Elm Street between Sixth and Ninth streets.
During festival hours, free parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis in all city garages, lots and at parking meters on open streets. City parking garages are located at:
- Tenth and Cherry
- Eighth and Cherry
- Sixth and Cherry -Locust Street entrance only, with additional designated accessible parking on the first level.
- Fifth and Walnut
Those who hold city parking permits are not guaranteed a space during the festival. Parking is also available at the university's north campus garages. Shakespeare's Pizza will provide complimentary bike valet parking at the corner of Ninth and Elm streets.
Festival hours run from 5-11 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 9, and from 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 10.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: