Prank call causes Budget Inn employees to break windows
COLUMBIA - The Boone County Sheriff's Department said Budget Inn-Midway employees were convinced to break out windows after receiving a prank call.
The Boone County Fire Protection District was called to Budget Inn for a fire alarm and possible explosion.
Employees told firefighters that someone called and told them there was a gas leak; then the caller instructed employees to break the inn's windows.
Firefighters investigated and said there was no gas leak, fire, or any injuries.
A sergeant said employees broke out two ground floor windows.
The sheriff's department is now investigating the incident and has no suspects.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: