Public Input Sought for New Land Development Plans
COLUMBIA - The Planning Staff for the city's Development Code Project is still accepting public input on the project Tuesday.
Updating the Land Development Code started in January 2014, this two-year long project is broken up into five planning stages.
- Phase I: Initial Scoping, Analysis, Direction - January 2014 - March 2014
- Phase II: Team Draft of Development Code - April 2014 - November 2014
- Phase III: Public Draft of Development Code - June 2014 - May 2015
- Phase IV: Code Testing - June 2015 - August 2015
- Phase V: Refinement and Adoption - September 2015 - December 2015
Current land use regulations for downtown Columbia may be replaced by form-based controls that emphasize consistency in the urban form and allow contractors to have more flexibility in the use of building mixes.
(Editors note: This story has been edited to show the public forum meetings are not being held Tuesday, May 20.)
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: