Residence Hall Now Open After Overnight Closure
FULTON - Residents of Atkinson Hall had to find somewhere else to sleep Monday night after a gas smell led William Woods University to close the building.
Fulton Fire Department reported carbon monoxide in the basement area.
A circulation issue and small leak in the smaller boiler in the building caused the carbon monoxide.
The building reopened Tuesday morning around 10:30 a.m.
The residents have been allowed to return to the hall, but it will take several hours before the hot water and heat temperatures are back to normal.
The smaller boiler is expected to be running by tomorrow morning.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: