Restaurant closes after Lake of the Ozarks fire
MORGAN COUNTY - Residents near the Lake of the Ozarks will have to find a new restaurant for BBQ after the Cannon Smoked Saloon caught fire on Monday.
The Sunrise Beach Fire Protection District responded to the fire.
The saloon posted on its Facebook page, "Thanks to whoever threw their cigarette butt in the flower pot. Maybe next time you will be more considerate."
An employee told KOMU 8 News a flower pot caught fire after someone threw a cigarette butt into it. Then, the fire spread to the building.
There are still two flower pots in front of the restaurant. Both are broken, blackened and damaged.
Most of the damage is concentrated in the front of the building, on the ground and around the front doors. The large window to the left of the door is also damaged and shattered.
A restaurant employee said the owners plan to be closed for a few weeks for remodeling.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: