Rock Bridge Senior Headed to Faurot Field

4 years 5 months 3 days ago Sunday, April 21 2013 Apr 21, 2013 Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:10:00 PM CDT April 21, 2013 in Sports
By: Megan Rice

COLUMBIA- Six-foot and 315-pound A.J. Logan is one of the biggest Missouri Football signee's this year. A.J. Logan is a a former Rock Bridge Defensive Lineman and a future Freshman for the Missouri Tiger football team.

"Yeah, I always knew I wanted to go to Mizzou," Logan said. "There was no doubt in my mind when I was thinking about getting big scholarships and stuff. I was like: 'if Mizzou offers I am going to Mizzou.'"

His future may seem clear now but his path to get there wasn't. Logan's father was not around growing up and his single mother was in and out of jail and drug rehab, which lead A.J. to look up to his older brother, Blake.

"He didn't always get into the right stuff and I was kind of going down that path with him cause I wanted to be like him," Logan said.

In 2010, Blake was sentenced to 24-years for second-degree murder.

"I mean it hurt a lot to see him go away cause that was my dad pretty much," Logan said.

A.J. says he will never forget the day Blake got sentenced. Yet, he was still followed that same path, until a different kind of family changed his direction.

"I think it was sophomore year toward second semester Jane Piester and Coach Ofodile pulled me into the office cause I was skipping practices, I was going to classes but wasn't doing the work," Logan said. "I was going down the wrong path not doing the the right things and he pulled me in and was like: 'you have so much potential you don't even realize it, you haven't even scratched the surface of what you can do. What you can be.'"

"You know all these great qualities he has that are really kind of going to waste because he is not taking the right steps," Ofodile said.

"I changed right there I immediately made a change. I was like: 'I don't need to keep going down this path, it's not doing anything but hurting me so I might as well do something positive for myself and for others," Logan said.

Logan's improved maturity helped him to 2 All-State seasons, a Divison 1 scholarship with Missouri and gave him traits needed for a different part of his life--fatherhood.

"He is the reason that made it happen, Logan said. "It is unexplainable the motivation a child gives you to do better. I felt like he was a huge part of that so I wanted to hold my son and let him be part of that."

"You know he does a great job," Ofodile said. "You can tell he is a proud dad. He was right there with him on signing day so it's pretty exciting to see."

Logan wants to make sure his son, Aven, has a different up-bringing than he did.

"To me it was just something, a model not to do," Logan said. "It just showed me what not to do. To be able to be there for your children and make sure they have everything you didn't have--that's what every parent's goal should be."

Although Logan realizes with being a college Freshman, football player and father, things are bound to get a little noisy.

"I have to go to Mizzou, put in my work in, do my shool work, then be a father cause I know in the long run that it all will pay off for him in the end," Logan said. "Hopefully, my goal is to make it to the NFL. That has always been the goal. I am going to strive for that but doesn't happen I am going to have a fall-back career with my degree."

Coach Ofodile, a former NFL player and MU Tight End feels Logan is a guy that can play on Sundays, but for now he feels Logan is set for Saturdays in the South.

"Really that is what makes the South special period, is big people that can move and he is one of those guys," Ofodile said. "I think he is going to fit in really nicely."

Logan said he feels honored that his family can join the Tigers.

"Wow man... I don't really know if I can put it into words," Logan said. "It's a great feeling. It means a lot... it means a lot to me."

From one Providence stadium to the next, A.J. Logan is keeping his eyes on the future as a football player and a father.

COLUMBIA- Saturday night, around 7 p.m., a vehicle led a Callaway County Sheriff's deputy on a high-speed chase, according to... More >>
41 minutes ago Sunday, September 24 2017 Sep 24, 2017 Sunday, September 24, 2017 10:07:00 AM CDT September 24, 2017 in News
COLUMBIA - Jabberwocky Studios unveiled its second mural Sunday in Downtown Optimist Park. Jabberwocky is a local arts program... More >>
6 hours ago Sunday, September 24 2017 Sep 24, 2017 Sunday, September 24, 2017 4:47:00 AM CDT September 24, 2017 in News
COLUMBIA – Kerryon Johnson ran for five rushing touchdowns, including four in the first half, as the No. 15 Auburn... More >>
13 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:28:00 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in Sports
COLUMBIA - Bikers gathered in Centralia Saturday to show support for a young sexual assault survivor. At least 60... More >>
15 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 7:05:00 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
COLUMBIA - Cooper's Landing hosted the first Rock n' Roll River Festival Saturday, where families enjoyed food, a fun atmosphere... More >>
18 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 4:35:00 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
CAMDENTON - The goal of the seventh annual Lake of the Ozarks Air Show on Saturday was to salute veterans.... More >>
18 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 4:14:00 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
JEFFERSON CITY - The Central Missouri chapter of Parents of Murdered Children and Missouri Missing hosted a memorial picnic Saturday... More >>
18 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:55:00 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
JEFFERSON CITY - Missouri has one of the lowest enrollment rates when it comes to the 529 College Savings Plan.... More >>
19 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:28:00 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
COLUMBIA – MU, Auburn, Clemson and LSU are announcing their partnership in the U.S. Tiger University Consortium Saturday. Clemson... More >>
19 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:16:00 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in Top Stories
EVERTON (AP) — Missouri school districts that adopted a four-day school week in recent years are not finding the savings... More >>
20 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 2:14:48 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
KANSAS CITY (AP) — A school district in Kansas City is praising a bus driver for safely getting 34 children... More >>
20 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 2:10:35 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
ST. LOUIS (AP) — An undercover police officer and an Air Force lieutenant were among the 120 people who were... More >>
20 hours ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 2:07:00 PM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
BOONE COUNTY - The Latter House Kingdom Ministries of Columbia will host their tenth annual Fall Festival today at the... More >>
1 day ago Saturday, September 23 2017 Sep 23, 2017 Saturday, September 23, 2017 7:59:00 AM CDT September 23, 2017 in News
ELDON - The people of Eldon are rallying around a family whose son suffered a spinal injury during football practice... More >>
1 day ago Friday, September 22 2017 Sep 22, 2017 Friday, September 22, 2017 7:31:00 PM CDT September 22, 2017 in News
COLUMBIA – A local gym held a fundraiser Friday night, and all it asked for was five minutes. But... More >>
1 day ago Friday, September 22 2017 Sep 22, 2017 Friday, September 22, 2017 7:03:00 PM CDT September 22, 2017 in News
BOONE COUNTY - One person is dead and three more are injured after a two vehicle crash on I-70. ... More >>
1 day ago Friday, September 22 2017 Sep 22, 2017 Friday, September 22, 2017 5:53:00 PM CDT September 22, 2017 in News
KANSAS CITY (AP) — Planned Parenthood is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to vacate an appeals court order that slowed... More >>
1 day ago Friday, September 22 2017 Sep 22, 2017 Friday, September 22, 2017 5:47:00 PM CDT September 22, 2017 in News
JEFFERSON CITY (AP) — Gov. Eric Greitens will begin his first trade mission Saturday when he and First Lady Sheena... More >>
1 day ago Friday, September 22 2017 Sep 22, 2017 Friday, September 22, 2017 5:20:15 PM CDT September 22, 2017 in News

10:30a
Paid Program
11:30a
Paid Program

Football Night in America
Sunday Night Football
The Karate Kid III
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Family Guy