Short causes fire, evacuation at Two-Mile Prairie Elementary
BOONE COUNTY - Columbia Public Schools officials said a short inside a radiator caused a fire and led to the evacuation of Two-Mile Elementary School students and staff Thursday morning.
Columbia Public Schools spokeswoman Michelle Baumstark said the fire started when someone accidentally turned the radiator on. Baumstark said the radiator has been capped until crews can fix the issue.
All students and staff are safe and were back inside the school by noon Thursday.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: