Small fire contained at senior living facility
COLUMBIA - The Columbia Fire Department responded to reports of smoke in a hallway at Lenoir Senior Services Thursday afternoon.
Fire crews found a fire on the stove of an unattended apartment. The automatic sprinkler system had extinguished the fire before the fire crews got there.
The fire was ruled accidental. Damage from water and smoke is estimated at $15,000.
No one was hurt. The fire was limited to the one apartment.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: