Smoke forces evacuation of Smirnoff Theater in Branson
BRANSON (AP) - No one was injured after dozens were evacuated from the Yakov Smirnoff Theater in Branson Thursday.
It happened after smoke filled the theater.
Branson Fire Chief Ted Martin said the fire started in a storage room near the kitchen. He said it is likely one of baseboard infrared heaters was turned on, causing some old theater seats in the room to catch fire.
KYTV-TV reported smoke poured into the theater as a performance by Acrobats from China was about to begin.
Martin said he would meet with theater owners Friday to determine when the building can reopen.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: