Sobriety Checkpoint Yields Multiple Arrests in Columbia
COLUMBIA - The Boone County Sheriff's Department arrested multiple people Saturday night at a sobriety checkpoint in Northeast Columbia.
In a joint effort with the Columbia Police Department, the Boone County Sheriff's Department set up a checkpoint in the 4300 block of Mexico Gravel Road.
During the checkpoint the law enforcement departments made:
- 6 misdemeanor arrests for driving while intoxicated-alcohol
- 3 citations/arrests for driving with a suspended or revoked license
- 2 arrests for outstanding warrants
- 1 stolen vehicle recovered
- 1 citation issued for no valid drivers license
The Boone County Sheriff's Department said an unknown suspect abandoned the stolen vehicle after the suspect evaded the checkpoint, drove the vehicle into a nearby field, and fled on foot.
Authorities did not catch the suspect and the suspect's identity is unknown at this time.
Approximately 150 - 200 vehicles were given sobriety checks.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: