Space Heater Blamed for Deadly Mo. Fire
UNIVERSITY CITY (AP) - Investigators are blaming a space heater for a house fire that killed a St. Louis County man.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the victim was identified Wednesday as 51-year-old Wardie R. Neely Jr.
Neely was taken from the single-family University City home Tuesday afternoon to a hospital, where he died a short time later.
University City Assistant Fire Chief David Crismon says living-room drapes were ignited by a space heater fueled by natural gas. Crismon says the heater had been placed too close to the drapes.
Crews brought the fire under control within about 20 minutes.
Select a station to view its upcoming schedule: