COLUMBIA- Crews worked Thursday to get everything set up for the weekend's fifth annual Roots 'N Blues 'N BBQ Festival in downtown Columbia. With BBQ vendors and 30 different bands expected to play throughout the weekend, people know they can find some BBQ and music at the festival, but finding parking is another story.
Starting Friday at 9 a.m. and running through Sunday at 4 a.m. the following streets will be closed:
- Elm Street from Ninth to Sixth Street
- Locust Street from Ninth to Sixth Street
- Eighth Street from Locust to Elm Street
- Seventh Street from Cherry to Elm Street
- Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Streets from Broadway to Locust Street
- Cherry Street from Seventh to Fourth Streets
Staff member, Polly Sweitzer, said even though a lot of downtown street parking will not be accessible, people will still have a place to park. "There is ample parking in downtown Columbia and it's all free for Roots 'N Blues weekend, so just pick any of the downtown parking garages and they are all within walking distance to the stages," said Sweitzer.
The parking garage spots are first come, first served and people who have city parking permits are not guaranteed a space. The festival runs tomorrow from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday's activities go from 11 a.m. to 11 a.m.